1.24.2012

Chocolate-Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

DSC_0049

Ask me if I made cookies for my students and then ate one. (Or two). You probably know the answer.

I knew I would suck at this sugar resolution, but hey, I made it pretty far considering! Only one or two cheat moments (and one accidental half-donut at church); otherwise I did pretty well--until now. Quick note to self: don't bake cookies and expect that you can stay away from licking the spoon (especially if you haven't had sugar in three weeks). That will immediately result in cookie consumption.

DSC_0041

Chocolate-Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
From bella eats

Makes about 2 dozen cookies

1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups oats*

DSC_0027

*The original recipe called for quick oats but all I had was rolled. They turned out just fine, but were a little more chewy than I'm assuming the quick oats would taste.

Add sugar, cocoa powder, butter, and milk to a small saucepan and simmer on medium for 2 minutes or until all ingredients are well combined. Remove from heat and add peanut butter, vanilla, and oats. Stir together until mixture is completely combined, then spoon out tablespoon-sized cookies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Let cookies set and then transfer to an airtight container. Or just eat them.

DSC_0051