1.21.2012

Crostini with Ricotta, Roasted Grapes, and Thyme

123

Quick update from Holland, Michigan (I'm at the Michigan Music Conference this weekend):

Made this awesome appetizer recipe that I saw on Pinterest (looks amazing, right?) and wanted to share a few thoughts.

First, loved it. Totally fun and a great change in our usual dinner recipes (yes, we ate these for dinner). I think next time I'd use goat cheese instead of ricotta though; I felt the recipe needed a little more "bite" out of the cheese. That or I'd add a slice of salty prosciutto on top. Or maybe both. 

I am tucking this recipe away for the next time I have a party--it would a perfect party appetizer. You could definitely toast the bread ahead of time, and all you'd have to do is roast the grapes while you socialize with a drink in hand. (Mom, Christmas 2012?) Definitely sold.

Those are my thoughts, hope they're worth something if you try it!

Have a great weekend!

photo

Crostini with Ricotta, Roasted Grapes, and Thyme
Original image found here

1 french baguette
Fresh ricotta or goat cheese
A few bunches of red grapes, stemmed and washed
A few sprigs of fresh thyme
Prosciutto, optional
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place grapes on a small rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil over the top and add a little salt and pepper. Mix grapes around to coat them all in the oil. Add a few sprigs of thyme and place baking sheet in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until grapes are soft and browning.

Meanwhile, slice baguette on an angle. After grapes are done, toast slices under the broiler. Spread ricotta on each slice and top with a few roasted grapes and some fresh thyme leaves. Drizzle a little olive oil on the top and add salt or pepper to taste.

243

(All photos taken with my iPhone)