1.02.2012

Apartment Improvements

Now that I'm on break I have about 102393 things I want to accomplish with our apartment before I go back to school on the 9th. I snapped some quick pics of our apartment after cleaning it the other day and although I know I still have a lot to do, I'm pretty pleased with how far our place has come in the last few months.

Remember our sad kitchen? (It's still a little sad.) Here it was before we moved all of our junk in:

DSC_0247
DSC_0244
DSC_0243

Kitchen progress:

DSC_0982
DSC_0959
DSC_0974

The old kitchen fan had to go immediately and even though our new light looks a little funky with that swag (it had to be centered on the island or I would've gone nuts), I'm super happy with it. Still not my favorite room but it's definitely looking better.

KITCHEN TO-DO
+new knobs
+under-cabinet shelves
+under-cabinet lights
+change out ugly fixture
+get island
+hang pot rack
+get "coffee table"
+make fabric roller blinds *next project!! wish me luck!
+get kitchen rug
+hang wine rack
+tack up cords under the cabinets (looks so goofy like that)
+hang knife rack
+hang shelf above coffee table
+get/make cabinet for under pot rack
+hide all of the ugly appliances under the coffee table/island
+get new pots for our plants


Here was our bedroom before we moved in. Note the nasty light which is thankfully gone:

DSC_0239

Bedroom progress:

DSC_0987
DSC_0990

Almost done!

BEDROOM TO-DO
+change out nasty light fixture
+hang curtain
+hang pictures
+paint closet doors like M.N. (jk, landlord would kill us)
+get rugs for sides of bed


I hate our bathroom (double faucets?!) but I have to admit that it does look better now than when we moved in. The plastic drawer thingy quickly went away, as did the frilly vanity thing above the toilet.

Note to self: never never never install white floors in a bathroom. Gross.

Diptic

Bathroom progress:

Diptic

BATHROOM TO-DO
+take out plastic drawer thingy and replace
+take out vanity and replace
+hang towel hooks
+get large bathroom rug
+paint red trap thing under the sink or cleverly hide it
+put art in frames
+paint walls if landlord ever lets us
+get one more storage piece for behind the door

Living area before (again, note the nasty fan):

DSC_0231
DSC_0229
DSC_0224

Oh geez, what I'd do for that weather though...

Living area progress:

DSC_1003
DSC_1005
Diptic
DSC_0805

I am most happy with this room and spend most of my time here. It just makes me so happy with that beautiful window and currently awesome tree in front. :)

LIVING AREA TO-DO
+change out light fixture
+get rug for under table
+hang curtains
+hang coat hooks
+get rug for under couch
+get rug for under chairs
+hang artwork above couch
+get bench for by the door, like this one
+get pretty plants
+hang plates above credenza
+get more rugssss
+dye curtains? probably not.

I'm not even going to show you the guest room or the office because they've gotten nowhere since the last time you saw them. We did move the blue sewing table into the guest room to make room for a new desk, but the desk won't be arriving until January 19th. I'll take a few pictures of those rooms then.

Slowly but surely...!