6.08.2011

Zucchini Bread Muffins

DSC_0593

It's official--summer break is here!

My last day of teaching was Friday (hallelujah!), and break is already off to a great start. In the last two days I've actually had time to read, work out, go shopping, and clean up the apartment, among other things. I can't believe how much time I have on my hands now! Sorry, shouldn't gloat too much; some of you still have to work (Husband)....

Our apartment is looking very different in the last few days; I'm so excited to show you! We got our brand new couch delivered on Saturday, our first big purchase together, and it looks amazing. What do you think? I'm obsessed.

DSC_0019 DSC_0024 DSC_0022

We are also inheriting my grandparents' china hutch that has been in their house for as long as I can remember. I will always remember Thanksgiving days spent around their dining table with the hutch on the wall. I am so glad it's staying in the family; they would be so proud to see it in our place. It arrived last night but hasn't been set up yet. I'll make sure to post a picture as soon as it looks picture-worthy, don't you worry. In the meantime, take a look at our old setup:

DSC_0011

Can't wait to show you the new wall asap!

Alright, back to the cooking. I know what you're going to say about this recipe: muffins again?! What can I say, I like muffins! Besides, don't you think Husband would be so happy if I made him some of these for breakfast before I ushered him out the door in the morning? (Hah kidding, I actually miss him lots and hate to see him go.) I'm on a family recipe kick anyway. Go ahead, make them for your family if you have a nice morning off. You won't regret it (they won't, either)!

***By the way, if you haven't done so already, you can now subscribe to Le Man and Wife! Find the "Subscribe" tab on the right side of the page to add our site to your Google Reader list. Hope to see you there!

DSC_0584

Zucchini Bread Muffins

3 eggs, well beaten
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup coconut
1 cup vegetable oil
3 cups grated zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder

Combine all of the ingredients together. Place in three small loaf pans, two large loaf pans, or a 12-cup muffin tin (greased and floured). Bake at 325 degrees, one hour for bread or 15-20 minutes for muffins. Toothpick will come out mostly clean when done.

"PIG OUT AND ENJOY!!!!" (Direct quote from Diane via text message...)

DSC_0588

3 comments:

t said...

beautiful! i'm coming over!

Laura said...

I am, too! Great call of the couch upholstery, by the way.

Mary Garnes said...

I am having so much fun reading your blog :)

The banana+ zucchini combo is classic at our house. It's sooo good and you can eat three, since they're "zucchini". Right? ;)

Where did you find the couch? Gorgeous.

Post a Comment