4.27.2011

Weeknight Bruschetta

Bruschetta, bruschetta, oh, I love bruschetta....

(Here I go again...can you hear me singing?)

DSC_0315

I hate to use these words, but Husband and I have gotten lazy. We haven't been to the grocery store in almost two weeks, and the only thing left in our fridge is vegetables and cheese. Looks like bruschetta and quesadillas for dinner this week!

Luckily we're still surviving off leftovers from Easter weekend: baked ham, fruit salad, cheesy potatoes, and that yummy sweet treat I was telling you about the other day (I just need to get one more thing before I post about those). Great food and even greater times with family, eating and sleeping, cooking and more eating. We even bought our first real couch on Saturday! Pictures coming soon.

Hope you all had a great Easter! And now for some laundry (or maybe just TV)....

DSC_0328

Bruschetta

A couple large handfuls cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
A few ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
A handful fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
A couple glugs of olive oil
A dash of red wine vinegar
A few pieces of country bread

Put tomatoes, cheese, basil, and olive oil in a medium bowl. Mix together and add salt and pepper to taste. Toast bread and spoon bruschetta on top. Drizzle with red wine vinegar and serve with a good glass of red wine. Cin cin!

1 comment:

Laura said...

This looks so yummy!

Post a Comment