2.08.2012

Roasted Red Peppers

DSC_0245

Friends, this is not good.

I have gone off the deep end over here. All I've been eating these past few weeks is sugar! Ice cream with caramel sauce, cranberry cake, brown sugar cookies, chocolates from Christmas (ew, right?)...it's really terrible. And I made whoopie pies tonight. I can't stop!

So I thought I'd spare you the trouble of looking at yet another sweet treat this week. But don't fear! Valentine's Day whoopie pies are right around the corner...

DSC_0249

Roasted Red Peppers

These are great in pasta, salads, pizza, or with goat cheese on crostini! Always good to have on hand.

2 whole red peppers, washed
1 tablespoon olive oil

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Put peppers on a sheet pan and roast for about 35 minutes, or until skin is wrinkly and blackened. You may need to turn the peppers half way through roasting. Remove the pan from the oven and cover the whole thing with aluminum foil until the peppers are easy enough to handle.

Cut peppers into quarters. Remove stems, skins, and seeds and place peppers in a jar. Cover with olive oil and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.

DSC_0257